"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
– Ronald Reagan
Kentucky Secretary of State Michael G. Adams has announced the
Ronald Reagan Award. The award recognizes businesses in Kentucky that go above and beyond to encourage civic participation among employees.
- Must be a Kentucky business in good standing
- Must promote poll worker recruitment in one of the following ways:
- Provide paid time off to volunteer as a poll worker
- Provide other incentive for employees to volunteer including:
- Extra vacation or comp day for poll workers
- Bonuses (monetary or otherwise)
- Election Day off (paid)
Businesses of various sizes will be honored: small (1-25 employees), medium (26-100 employees), and large (100+ employees)
Busineses nominate themselves or be nominated by others.
To be considered, each nomination should include:
- A letter describing how the business is encouraging employees to serve as poll workers
Nomination forms may be submitted through
email or by mail to:
ATTN: Ronald Reagan Award
Office of the Secretary of State
Suite 152, State Capitol
700 Capital Avenue
Frankfort, KY 40601
If you have any questions about the contest, please contact the Office at (502) 564-3490 or via