The fees for filing UCC records in the Office of the Secretary of State beginning July 1, 2001 are as follows:
- $5 for all electronic financing statement and amendments
- $10 for all written financing statements, amendments, and correction statements
- $20 for all written financing statements, amendments, and correction statements over two pages
- $5 for certified search results
10 cents per page for copies of UCC records
- $5 per certificate per file number for certified copies
50 cents per page for copies accompanying certificate
||Methods of Payment
Filing fees and fees for copies may be paid by the following methods:
Cash, Check or Money Order: Please make checks payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer.
Electronic Funds Transfer: Filings made online can be paid for by ACH.
Prepaid Accounts: A remitter may open an account by submitting an application and prepaying a minimum of $250. The Secretary of State will issue an account number to the applicant and to each authorized representative of the applicant.
Debit and Credit Cards: The Secretary of State will accept payment by debit cards and credit cards issued by approved issuers.
||Overpayment & Underpayment
Overpayment: The Office of the Secretary of State will refund the amount of an overpayment. The amount of overpayment is not to exceed $50.00.
Underpayment: The Office of the Secretary of State will refuse and return the filing for insufficient payment.