In 1795 the Kentucky General Assembly closed the Military District established by the Virginia General Assembly for Virginia's Revolutionary War veterans. The area, located in southwestern Kentucky, was then available for patenting by settlers who met age and residency requirements. Numerous legislative Acts amended and supplemented the patenting process for the South of Green River Series.
Disclaimer: The text of these Acts was entered manually; researchers should consult the published versions of the Virginia and Kentucky Acts for official use. Those Acts can be researched at the Kentucky History Center Library, the Department for Libraries and Archives, and the Supreme Court Law Library, all in Frankfort. Enrolled Bills and Governor's Journals (1792-1927) are available on microfilm at the Department for Libraries and Archives.